Applicants must be ONE of the following:
- New or continuing full-time doctoral student currently enrolled in an accredited program in the U.S.,
- Undergraduate and master’s level graduate students (CSU students included) in the process of applying to an accredited doctoral program in the U.S., or
- Lecturer (including current CSU lecturer) enrolled full-time in a doctoral program.
Applicants are not required to have attended a CSU for eligibility.
The program is open to domestic and international students and to those applying or already attending U.S. PhD institutions
Applicants in professional doctoral degree programs (e.g., EdD) may apply only if:
- They are not in or applying to a CSU EdD program,
- The doctoral program’s mission explicitly includes preparation and training of future university faculty members,
- They can present evidence that graduates of the program have become faculty members at the CSU or comparable universities, and
- The doctoral degree is in a discipline in which they are currently teaching as a lecturer or will be teaching as a lecturer.