How do I apply?
If you wish to be considered for the Accounting and Finance Honors Practicum, please complete the online application form. In the application form, you will include an unofficial SJSU transcript, your resume and an essay on the assigned question. Please only submit your application once. You may return to edit your application once you submit it (keep the link), but it will be less confusing if you assemble all your materials and complete the entire process at one time.
To apply you must include the following with your application:
- Essay of no more than 500 words on the topic: In what SJSU course did you receive your best grade, and in what course did you receive your worst grade? Please explain the reason for both.
- A copy of your transcript (unofficial SJSU download is fine)
- Letter of recommendation emailed directly to email@example.com
- Junior or Senior standing (have completed at least one semester at SJSU).
- You have completed BUS 170 and also at least one of the pre-requisite courses, BUS1 121A, BUS1 121B, 122A, or BUS1 173A.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.25 in the prerequisite courses.
- Have an overall SJSU GPA of at least 3.25.
- Have a GPA of 3.25 or better in upper-division business classes. This means all business classes numbered Bus 100 and above, plus Business Ethics (186) and 100W (whether designated “BUS” or not).
- Have submitted a complete application form via qualtrics.
Once the application is completed, students will be contacted toward the end of the semester with next steps via email, which either includes:
- Rejection with explanation
- An Interview proposal