These are team projects, in which students are responsible for the entire project, and will receive active coaching while getting boots on the ground experience with a Silicon Valley company, and building a professional network. The purpose of this opportunity is to provide first tier students with real world experience working as a part of a team where everyone is smart and motivated. The class is small. You will get personal attention and coaching. See what past Honors students have said.
Advanced Honors Practicum
As a practicum, BUS127 provides the opportunity to learn a number of skills directly related to being successful in the workplace.
Specifically, you will learn to:
- Act professionally as a team-member to plan, design, implement and deliver a real-world application project that is accepted by the sponsor
- Identify issues associated with the development and management of MIS projects and formulate appropriate strategies for handling them
- Create and use project management plans and updates in accordance with industry standards
- Develop and practice the following key skills
- using industry-standard project management tools and methods
- applying technical skills to a business need
- flexibility and adaptability
The honors practicum is offered on Monday evenings from 6:00pm - 8:45pm. The program provides students with the opportunity to apply their skills to real-world projects with Silicon Valley technology, finance, and accounting firms. Project work assignments require approximately 8 to 10 hours per week. Project work time is very flexible and can be negotiated with your team and the firm. Your class time and other work schedules are taken into consideration. Class time includes guest speakers, project progress reports, program management, report generation, presentation training, fun events, and much more.