The Department of Economics offers two degree options from which graduate students can choose. Our MA program in Economics is flexible and allows you to tailor a course of study to fit your needs, in consultation with your academic advisor.
Our MA program with a Concentration in Applied Economics is custom tailored to prepare you for applied careers. As of Fall 2023, both programs are STEM designated degrees; graduates who are international students will be eligible for the 24-month STEM optional practical training extension (OPT).
Courses and Policies
- Courses and Schedules
- M.A. Approved Electives (rev.11/14/23) [pdf]
- Course Catalog
- Departmental Probation and Disqualification Policy [pdf]
- SJSU Academic Integrity Policy [pdf]
Admission to the Master's Program
To be considered for admission into SJSU, graduate applicants must meet the minimum CSU Eligibility requirements and SJSU program requirements set forth by our individual departments.
- SJSU Graduate Admissions Requirements
- Economics Department Graduate Admission Requirements
- How to Apply
- Application Deadlines: Domestic and International
Comprehensive Masters Exam
For advising, please see our Advising page and look for Graduate Advisor information.