These administrative forms are to help students in determining their major and minor course work, apply for graduation, and file various petitions.

Students must meet with an Economics Advisor who will help guide students and initiate DocuSign requests. Students should not initiate their own DocuSigns for the Econ Department.

Please download and save form, fill out completely (except signature), resave, then submit form to the Economics Advisor. Forms will be submitted via DocuSign, where they will be routed for additional signatures. DO NOT initiate your own DocuSigns and please use your SJSU email for all University communications. 

Undergraduate Forms

Economics Department Forms

Students must meet with an Undergraduate Econ Advisor as soon as possible for help in declaring a Economics major or minor, use these forms to help with coursework planning. 

The Course Catalog is the official source for degree requirements. Degree requirements depend on your catalog rights year. Find the requirements in place during your catalog year

B.S. Economics Major

B.A. Economics Major

Minor in Economics

Undergraduate University Forms

Graduate Forms

Students must meet with an Graduate Economics Advisor as soon as possible for help, use these forms to help with coursework planning. The Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations is the official source for program requirements. 

M.A. Economics

M.A. Applied Economics

GAPE Forms

These forms (and more) are available on the GAPE website, under Current Students. Please do not submit any hand written GAPE forms.

  • Change of Classification in (Master's) Graduate Program
  • Petition for Advancement to Graduate Candidacy
  • Request for Course Substitution in (Master's) Graduate Degree Program

Student Travel

The Economics Department is dedicated to providing support to students seeking to expand their academic experience by attending professional and academic conferences in related fields.