Faces of Learning
During the Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 semesters, a group of SJSU undergraduate student researchers met with students across campus to get a deeper understanding of their learning experiences and then utilized photography and narrative to shine a light on those students' learning experiences.
- Watch the student researcher panel above to learn from those who were most involved in this project.
- View the student-curated exhibition below and share your learning story with us to add to the Faces of Learning project.
View the Student-Curated Exhibition
Faces of Learning Episode 1
Meet some of the project's Co-researchers - Leeza Xiong, Edith Urbano, and Isabel Rangel Hernandez - as they begin to delve into the art of interviewing to gather learning stories from peers and utilizing photography to communicate those stories. Project Coordinator Briettny Curtner tells us where she sees the project heading and how she hopes it will change the student narrative on campus.
Faces of Learning Episode 2
In Episode 2, we check in with some of the student co-researchers - Edith Urbano, Isabel Rangel Hernandez, and Alberto Camacho - to see what their experiences have been like after meeting with several student participants and what they have left to accomplish to curate their exhibition.
Meet the Project's Student Co-Researchers
Meet the Project Coordinator
Share Your Learning Story
We would love to include your learning story in our Faces of Learning Initiative! Please complete the form below so that we can add it to our webpage. Here are some questions you can consider when sharing your story with us:
- What did you expect to learn at SJSU? Have your learning experiences at SJSU been what you expected? If not, how have they different?
- What are the learning “bright spots” that you’ve experienced at SJSU?
- What advice would you give about learning at SJSU? To your peers? To your professors? To your younger self?
- What is the most important thing you’ve learned at SJSU?