Software Engineering, Specialization in Data Science (MS)
The Master of Science degree in Software Engineering, Specialization in Data Science meets the ever-increasing need of many industries for data specialists to gather and analyze data. More and more, companies need skilled data scientists to help direct corporate decision making. This program’s industry-focused curriculum prepares students to work across sectors and offers them a variety of career paths in Silicon Valley and elsewhere.
Employment forecasts for the Data Science field in the Bay Area show a projected growth of 29% by 2028 according to Hanover Research. Businesses of all kinds will be looking to hire Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Data Scientists, and Advanced Analysts, to name a few job titles. Look into how this specialization can accelerate your career while you continue to work.
|Sign up for email notifications||Program Website|
- Outstanding Faculty
Industry leaders and academic experts offer a wide range of industry experience.
- Flexible Schedule for Working Professionals
Conveniently scheduled evening and weekend classes that fit your work schedule.
A cohort experience that enables a deeper and wider exchange of knowledge and networking with peers.
Applying to the Program:
Prospective students interested in the program are encouraged to complete a prequalification form so that a faculty advisor can review the student’s background and determine their suitability for the program.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- 3.0 (B) or above - GPA based on the last 60 technical semester units, 90 technical units from a previous quarter, or all degree units
- An applicant from a non-U.S. institution must present scores that meet the university minimum scores for one of the following tests: TOEFL, IELTS Academic, Pearson Test of English Academic, or Duolingo English Test (for Fall 2021 applicants only)
- Conditional admission may be granted for applicants with an exceptional background and GPA less than 3.0 but greater than 2.5
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended.
- No GRE/GMAT score required
For more specific information on SJSU's admission requirements, please visit the Engineering Extended Studies website.
For you to participate and receive credit from online classes at San Jose State University, your state of residence must have a reciprocity agreement in place with CSU. This agreement provides online students with consumer protection. For a complete list of participating states and details on the regulation, please visit sjsu.edu/extend/state-auth/.