Been Admitted to the BSN Program
If you have been admitted, congratulations! We are excited for you to begin your journey as a future nurse.
Please read all admission messages and content of your admission packet thoroughly and don't forget to check out the deadlines! Acceptance is conditional until completing the requirements below.
There are a number of steps you must complete to stay admitted. Please review these Steps to Enrollment to successfully enroll at SJSU.
Health Requirements (Castlebranch)
Admitted applicants must complete the health requirements before they can begin clinical practicum courses. Please refer to the memo in your acceptance packet for details.
- Drug Screening
- Background Check
- Proof of Health Insurance
- Health Statement from primary care provider
- CPR training (American Heat Association in-person courses only)
- NSO Liability (Malpractice Insurance)
- Proof of Vaccinations (includes COVID-19 vaccine)
Health Requirements Forms and Resources
- CastleBranch Orientation Video
- CastleBranch Clinical Documentation Information 2022 [pdf] [pdf]
- Health Statement 2018 [docx] [docx]
- Flu Shot Declination Form [docx] [docx]
- HIPAA Release of Medical Information Form [pdf] [pdf]
- TB Requirements Info [docx] [docx]
- TB: California Tuberculosis Risk Assessment College and University Students [pdf] [pdf]
- NSO Liability Insurance Policy and Instructions [pdf] [pdf]
Register for Classes
The nursing department will change your major to Nursing within 4-6 weeks of receiving your acceptance confirmation. Once your major is changed to Nursing, you can begin to register for the nursing coursework.
Attend Mandatory BSN New Student Workshop
See acceptance packet for date and time of workshop. Attendance is mandatory! At the workshop, you will receive information about purchasing textbooks, uniforms, and other necessary materials for the program.