Registration for the Fall and Spring terms begin on the first day of class, and 2 weeks after advance registration for matriculated SJSU students in Intersession. Open University registration is not guaranteed.
For step-by-step registration instructions, you can watch our video playlist below or take our interactive walk-through.
Step 1: Identify your student status.
First Time Open University student:
- w/ SJSU ID (i.e. a student who previously applied for admission at SJSU)
- w/ SJSU ID and a recent disqualified SJSU student from Spring 2022
- w/ No SJSU ID (i.e. a student who attends another university or college)
Returning Open University student w/ SJSU ID:
- w/ a recent enrollment in a previous term (i.e. an OU student who enrolled in a Spring 2022 class)
- w/ no enrollment since Fall 2020 (i.e. an OU student who last enrolled in Spring 2017)
- A post-baccalaureate/graduate student (i.e. a student who has already graduated from SJSU or another University or college)
Step 2: Get your account ready.
Create MySJSU account via Quick Admit.
After 24-48 hours, activate your MySJSU account and use the blue MySJSU button on one.sjsu.edu.
Reactivate MySJSU for the term. To term activate, follow the instructions in our video tutorial.
Students who have recently been disqualified from SJSU in Spring 2022 must submit a DocuSign Open University registration form for the first Open University semester they attend. Your account and registration will be set up by the Registrar’s Office.
In the next semester when you enroll (i.e. Spring 2023), you can follow registration instructions for returning OU students.
Students must submit a DocuSign Open University registration form, available starting the first day of instruction. Your account and registration will be set up by the Registrar’s Office.
Step 3: Registration instructions
SJSU requires masks for all face to face meetings. For covid-19 vaccination requirements, please visit the Health Advisory and Student Health Center websites or follow the President's directive.
Class instruction and registration begins on Friday, August 19. Attend classes online or in-person starting August 19. Classes are listed as either a waitlist class or an instructor consent class. See our FAQ in more detail.
- Starting Friday, August 19, enroll in your class(es) via:
- MySJSU. Add yourself to the class if you meet the pre-reqs and there is no waitlist. Add yourself to the waitlist if the class is full. If instructor consent is required, email the faculty for a permission number.
- Open U registration form. Have your instructor add you to the waitlist if the class is full. Permission numbers are not neccesary for form submissions.
2. Must have GAPE office approval for 200-level classes. See our graduate student webpage for more information.
Starting Sunday, August 28, permission numbers will be required to enroll in all classes.