International students can make payment via international wire transfer and international credit card through their MySJSU account. San José State University has partnered with Flywire to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. Flywire offers excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, compared to traditional banks. You will be able to track the progress of your payment throughout the transfer process via a student dashboard and you will also be notified via email when your payment is received by San José State University.
There is no fee charged by either the university or Flywire for international wire transfers. The bank you use to send the wire transfer may charge a fee, check with your bank for the fee schedule.
- You will be notified when San José State University has received your payment.
- Please do not make payments in amounts greater than actual or anticipated charges on your student account, including tuition, non-resident, mandatory campus fees, or university housing (if applicable).
- Designated users may also initiate an international wire transfer. See additional information below.
- Learn more about Flywire with this video.
Authorized Payers and Authorized Users
- Authorized Payers can log in to the Cashnet parent portal and make a payment towards your student’s account. To set up parent access, your student must follow the illustrated guide [pdf] on how to set up an Authorized Payer [pdf].
- Login and pay via SJSU Student Account Online.
- An Authorized User is able to view your student's financial information and discuss your student's account with the Bursar's Office staff.
- Follow step-by-step instructions [pdf] on how your student can authorize access through an Authorization to Release Information [pdf]. This authorization does not include access to the Cashnet parent portal.