Open Enrollment for plan year 2023 begins Monday, October 10, 2022 and ends on Friday, October 28, 2022.
In May of 2022, SJSU Research Foundation changed benefit administration systems to Employee Navigator. We have reset everyone's login so be on the lookout for an email with your registration link to register and enroll at (www.employeenavigator.com).
This is an active enrollment, which means you must choose a medical plan during the Open Enrollment period. Please follow the Employee Navigator Instructions [pdf] to enroll via Navigator.
We are also introducing a new feature to help you with your enrollment options. ALEX is an avatar counselor that can help you find a plan, or assist you with any questions on how your insurance works.
Here are three important things to know about the ALEX tool:
- It is personalized, so you can see which plan makes the most sense for YOU.
- It is fun to use. There’s no boring insurance jargon or complicated legal jibber-jabber.
- It is confidential, so you can get the guidance you need without revealing all of your fascinating secrets.
To learn more about this new feature, be sure to visit the ALEX website in October when open enrollment begins.
For 2023 we will be offering four plans- Kaiser, EPO, PPO, and HDHP. Other than Kaiser, plans are through HealthNow with Blue Shield Network. Please review the Summary of Benefits for each plan below.
- Kaiser Summary of Benefits 2023 [pdf]
- EPO Summary of Benefits 2023 [pdf]
- PPO Summary of Benefits 2023 [pdf]
- HDHP Summary of Benefits 2023 [pdf]
You may review the provider directory for the EPO, PPO, and HDHP plans at http://www.blueshieldca.com/networkppo.
For 2023 we will continue our relationship with Equitable for Dental, Vision, Life, Long Term Disability & AD&D. Please review the summaries for each plan below.
- Dental Benefits Summary [pdf]
- Vision Benefits Summary [pdf]
- Life Insurance Summary [pdf]
- Voluntary Life Insurance Summary [pdf]
- Long Term Disability Summary [pdf]
Additional Voluntary Benefits
We will also continue to offer employees to purchase additional supplemental or voluntary life insurance for themselves, spouse, and children at group rates through Equitable. These are portable benefits.
Employees also have an opportunity to enroll in voluntary Aflac products. Separate zoom meetings will be set up with Aflac representatives where employees can learn about these products and enroll. Zoom meeting invites will be sent via email.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
In addition to changing medical carriers, we will also be changing our Flexible Spending accounts and Commuter/Parking through WEX. Claims for the 2022 calendar year will continue to be submitted through HealthEquity until the end of March 2023. Any unused funds for unreimbursed medical expenses, up to $570, will be rolled over to WEX once the runout period has ended. Please review the summaries for each of the Flexible Spending Account offerings for 2023 below.
- Medical FSA Information [pdf]
- Flexible Spending Account Carryover [pdf]
- Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA Contribution Limits and IRS Regulations [pdf]
- Commuter/Parking FSA Information [pdf]
- Benefits Technology & Resources for WEX [pdf]
- Benefits Mobile App for WEX [pdf]
We will also be offering HSA to the employees who will enroll in HDHP plan. HSA enrollees can enroll in Combination FSA. Please see links below for further information.
- Combination FSA Information [pdf]
- Health Savings Account Information [pdf]
- Health Savings Account Contribution Limits and IRS Regulations [pdf]
If you have questions, please contact Jocelyne Peña at 408 924-1460 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.