Please reference the following reminders & updates that have been made to the SJSU Travel Checklist.
Justification memos are required when the lodging rate exceeds $275/night (excluding taxes). These memos were previously allowed to be signed by the Dean or the campus VP/Designee. Please be aware the CSU policy states only the campus VP/Designee can approve these memos therefore the SJSU Travel Checklist has been updated to reflect this requirement. Please route these justifications to Sami Monsur who is the Provost’s designee.
Travel Expense Claim Forms:
If routing a Travel Expense Form to the Provost Office (Provost’s Designee Sami Monsur, firstname.lastname@example.org), please make sure it is routed to Joanna Gaona (email@example.com) for initial before the One-Up Approval signature.
Per Diem Meals:
Changes effective January 1st, 2024:
- No longer have a $55 meal limit per day.
- All reimbursable Meals & Incidentals will follow GSA published rates by city/state/country
- Receipts under $75 not required unless per your department authorization
Links to per diem rates:
- Domestic: Per Diem Rate Lookup | Defense Travel Management Office (dod.mil)
- International: U.S. Department of State | Home Page
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or require further information.