Panopto is a video creation and management tool that provides students a variety of ways to engage with video content. Please note that students can create videos only from within a Canvas assignment.
There are many benefits to students including:
- View videos and customize the viewing experience.
- Search videos’ content including the title, words spoken and text on screen.
- Take notes and add bookmarks at different points in a video.
- Have discussions on the videos if enabled by the instructor.
- View table of contents if enabled by the instructor.
- View clear, edited captions.
- Record, edit and caption videos. These features are only available from within a Canvas assignment.
Panopto holds monthly Q & A sessions for faculty, staff and students. See Panopto's webinars webpage for details. You’ll be prompted to login using your SJSU email address. Then select sjsu.hosted.panopto.com and select SJSU Single Sign-On.