Learn about different proctoring softwares
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
Respondus LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within the common learning management systems like Canvas. When you use Respondus LockDown Browser you are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. Available for both Windows, Mac, and iPad.
- Download and Install Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Technical Requirements
- Windows: 10, 8, 7; Mac: MacOS 10.15 to 10.12, OS X 10.11, OSX 10.10; iOS: 11.0+ (iPad only).
- Windows: 75 MB permanent space on the hard drive; Mac: 120 MB permanent space on the hard drive
- Overview video with students
- Quickstart Guide [pdf] for students
- Privacy Principles
- Respondus Monitor
Respondus Monitor is a companion product for Respondus LockDown Browser that enables institutions to protect the integrity of non-proctored, online exams. Students use their own computer and a webcam to record assessment sessions, all without leaving Canvas.
ProctorU is a live online proctoring service for students taking exams online. ProctorU uses a three-step process to replicate the face-to-face proctoring experience over the internet to ensure academic integrity in SJSU's online courses.
Proctorio is a remote Proctoring Service used with some classes when you take quizzes and exams in Canvas. Proctorio may record your webcam, your screen, or other actions during the exam session and share that information with your instructor.
Please refer to the student guide for more information.