We would like to remind everyone that a valid parking permit is required at all times while parked on campus. Parking is enforced 7 days a week/24 hours a day.
Parking Online Services
Whether you're looking to get a parking permit, manage your parking account, pay or appeal a citation, access is easy via our online portal.
Parking Services provides helpful forms regarding Employee Payroll Deduction sign-up/cancelation, employee commuter benefit application, permit refund request, event parking permit request, sidewalk permit application, and more.
Beat the line - Purchase your SJSU commencement parking permits online!
If you plan to attend a commencement ceremony, we strongly recommend that you purchase your commencement virtual parking permits in advance of commencement day.
Presold virtual parking permits are discounted at $4/each. Parking permits will cost $10/each on the day of the event. Due to high traffic impact, please consider parking in the North Garage (10th & San Fernando) or the West Garage (4th & San Salvador). Spaces are limited for each parking garage. Please note: You may only park in the garage that you selected when you purchase your commencement virtual parking permit.
2023 Spring Semester Virtual Parking Permits Available Online!
Purchase your SJSU parking permits online!
2023 Spring Semester (effective 01/20/23 - 05/31/23) virtual parking permits are available online!
Please note: 2023 Employee and South Campus Spring Semester parking permits (effective 01/20/23 - 05/31/23) will be available for purchase starting 01/01/2023.
Employees purchase permit through payroll deduction, please visit the Employee Parking Payroll Deduction information page.
Parking Services is hiring for Student Assistants. For position descriptions and application, click on the link below:
News and Announcements
- No shuttle service during finals and end of academic year. Shuttle service will stop on Tuesday, May 16, 2023. Shuttle service will resume on Monday, August 1, 2023 (the first day of instruction for 2023 Fall Semester). Please park on main campus. South Campus semester virtual parking permits are valid in the general parking areas on main campus during final weeks. A valid parking permit is always required.
IMPORTANT SPRING 2023 PARKING NOTICE
Traffic is unusually heavy and finding parking is difficult during the morning hours between 8:30 a.m. - 2 p.m., Monday - Thursday! Please plan accordingly and consider using the North Garage (located at 10th and San Fernando Streets) or the West Garage (located at 4th and San Salvador Streets). You can also use the South Campus Garage (located at 10th and Alma Streets) and take the shuttle to main campus.
Visit South Campus Shuttle web page for shuttle information.
- For real time parking capacity in garages, please check garage statuses at http://sjsuparkingstatus.sjsu.edu/
- The cost of employee campus parking permits will increase beginning January 1, 2023, due to approved employee rate changes. The increase will be 3% to all employees. Teamsters 2010 new employee permit rate will be effective February 1, 2023. For additional information, visit Employee Parking Permit page.
- 2023 Employee Spring Semester parking permits are available for purchase starting January 1, 2023, through the Parking Online Services website.
- 2023 Student Winter Session and Spring Semester parking permits are available for
purchase starting December 15, 2022, through the Parking Online Services website.
Please note: The South Campus fall semester virtual permits are valid at the new South Campus Garage (located at 10th and Alma Streets) and Park & Ride Lot. The South Campus fall semester virtual permits are also valid in general spaces of the main campus parking garages from 4:30 p.m. - 11:59 p.m. Monday - Thursday, and 7 a.m. - 11:59 p.m. Friday through Sunday. The South Campus permits are not valid for overnight parking. For additional permit information, visit Parking Permit page.
- Starting June 1, 2022, only Semester and Academic overnight permits will be offered and available to students living on campus. Please plan accordingly.
- New South Campus Parking garage at S. 10th Street and Alma Street is open for public
use. There are 2 entrances; one on S. 10th Street and another on Alma Street. The
garage is open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. everyday. A valid SJSU parking permit
is required at all times. Pay via ParkMobile app (Zone 9033) or Permit Pay-Stations available on 1st floor by elevators.
Parking General Information
We are here to help students, faculty, staff and visitors park in a safe and clean environment. We maintain 7,500 parking spaces to help our campus function safely and efficiently, and provide other crucial services for the community.
We know that the SJSU community has diverse needs when it comes to parking. That's why we offer a variety of parking permit types at various locations that can last anywhere from a single day to a semester.
Make sure you stay up to date on all our regulations, which are enforced 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, every day, including holidays. It's also important to note that if you don't follow our regulations, you could be subject to a citation or fine.
Not sure where you can park on campus? Check out our printable parking maps, where you can find spaces for permit holders, disabled persons, short-term parking and more.
We've recently partnered with Parkmobile to provide a service that allows users to pay for and extend parking sessions using a smartphone or web app. Users also get access to wayfinding tips and customizable expiration reminders!
Have a question about where you can park, our parking permits, citations or anything parking-related? We're here to help!