- Tenure-Track Faculty
- Teaching Associates
- Part-Time Instructors
- Student Employment
- Other Student Positions
We are currently searching for an assistant professor in pure mathematics to start in Fall 2022. Applicants should:
- Have a doctorate in the mathematical sciences or a closely related field by the time of appointment.
- Have research expertise in algebra, number theory, topology, or geometry.
- Be able to engage and supervise SJSU students in research projects and master’s theses. An interest in interdisciplinary research and learning is an advantage.
- Have experience with, or demonstrated interest in, employing active learning teaching strategies at various levels.
- Demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural and socially diverse student population as might have been gained in cross-cultural study, training, teaching, and other comparable experience.
Find out more details and apply here. Note you must apply via this site to be considered.
See Teaching Associates Information page for details.
The department hires part-time faculty to teach mathematics, (upper division) statistics and math education classes. The department maintains an ongoing applicant pool for lecturers. The department also often needs experienced high school teachers for student teacher supervision. Though applications are accepted at any time, it is best to apply for a teaching position during the first month of the semester before you would like to start teaching.
To apply, please look for our position announcement in the university's employment page, https://sjsu.edu/careers/jobs/faculty-staff/index.php. Please apply through that site.
During the academic year the department hires graders, lab monitors, office assistants, tutors and workshop facilitators based on the current budget allocation. We look to employ responsible, courteous students who have a minimum GPA of 3.2 (undergrad) or 3.5 (graduate). Students interested in grading or tutoring must have earned a grade of B or better in the course they would like to be assigned. Students who want to apply to be workshop facilitators or office assistants should download the corresponding Application(s). Students who want to apply to be graders, lab monitors and/or tutors need fill out the online Student Assistant Application (additional documents may be required).
Other Student Positions
Jobs and internships at local companies are also available for students while they attend San Jose State. Contact the SJSU Career Center for help in looking for an internship. Peer Advisors, Peer Mentors, and Peer Tutors are also hired every semester at Peer Connections.