Here you can find a variety of resources for applying to graduate programs.
A seven paragraph approach to writing a succinct and effective statement of purpose by G. Callaghan [pdf]
Considerations about graduate school in clinical or counseling psychology [pdf]
Article on how to request letters of recommendation [pdf] from Eye on PsiChi (2016)
The following is intended to provide you with some important and useful information about applying to graduate school in psychology. Note: Several of the following documents have been adopted or directly reproduced from original publications or from web pages. These documents contain a statement of such a copyright and are reproduced here only to assist students with the application process. If any violation of a copyright has occurred, please contact the Department, and we will remove the page.
- Frequently asked questions about graduate degrees in psychology (from the APA website) [pdf]
- Top Ten Important Bits of Advice for the Graduate School Application Process [pdf]
- How to Apply to Graduate School by Linda Hayes and Steve Hayes, from the APS Observer [pdf]
- How to Write a Winning Statement of Purpose [pdf]
- An article by Brown on Rhetoric in Psychology Personal Statements [pdf]
- An example student vitae (you should look at real ones) [pdf]