Applying to the Research and Experimental Psychology MA Program
To be eligible, you must...
- Meet the University Graduate Studies admissions requirements.
- Have the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree and a minimum of 30 semester units in psychology.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 semester units (90 quarter units) of all college and/or university coursework.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all college and/or university psychology courses.
- NOTE: GRE no longer required or considered for admission.
As of October 1, 2020, all application materials will be submitted through Cal State Apply.
Applications for the Research and Experimental Psychology MA program are accepted between October 1 and February 1 of each year for fall admissions only.
Deadline: All application materials must be completed and submitted by the February 1 deadline to be considered for our program.
There are two basic parts to the application process.
- Applying to SJSU graduate studies. First, you will provide information that will be evaluated by the Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluation (GAPE) for general graduate studies eligibility at SJSU.
- Applying to the Research and Experimental Psychology MA program. Second, you will provide information that will be evaluated by the program faculty for admissions into the Research and Experimental Psychology MA program. These materials will also be submitted through your Cal State Apply application.
- Download the Research and Experimental Psychology MA Application Instructions [pdf] for guidance on what types of information and documents to gather for your application.
Contact Dr. Greg Feist, Greg.Feist@sjsu.edu.