Checking Progress toward Degree

Please WATCH the following video BEFORE contacting an advisor. The video describes how to track your progress towards completing your degree:

AFTER WATCHING the video, contact a Psychology major advisor for additional questions.  Advisors’ availability is listed on the Psychology department advising homepage:


  1. Run a MyProgress report to generate a list of your remaining university and major requirements (& minor requirements if applicable)

  2. Write down your remaining course requirements to use as a guide in building your course schedule (requirements marked in RED on MyProgress)

  3. If you have non-SJSU coursework that may fulfill a Psychology major requirement, meet with a Psychology major advisor to review course equivalency. ***Note: A course syllabus may be needed for review

  4. Transfer students should wait until AFTER THEIR FIRST SEMESTER at SJSU (or after their full transcripts have been processed) to request a course equivalency review

  5. Psychology classes taken at a community college are LOWER-DIVISION courses and CANNOT be used to fulfill Psychology major upper-division course requirements.

  6. Lower-division psychology courses (other than those equivalent to Psyc 1, Stat 094, Psyc 18, Psyc 30) MAY fulfill a Psychology major LOWER-DIVISION Psychology elective requirement. Meet with a Psychology major advisor for review.