Checking Progress toward Degree
Please WATCH the following video BEFORE contacting an advisor. The video describes how to track your progress towards completing your degree:
AFTER WATCHING the video, contact a Psychology major advisor for additional questions. Advisors’ availability is listed on the Psychology department advising homepage: https://www.sjsu.edu/psych/undergraduates/Advising/index.php
- Run a MyProgress report to generate a list of your remaining university and major
requirements (& minor requirements if applicable)
- Write down your remaining course requirements to use as a guide in building your course
schedule (requirements marked in RED on MyProgress)
- If you have non-SJSU coursework that may fulfill a Psychology major requirement, meet
with a Psychology major advisor to review course equivalency. ***Note: A course syllabus
may be needed for review
- Transfer students should wait until AFTER THEIR FIRST SEMESTER at SJSU (or after their full transcripts have been processed) to request a course equivalency review
- Psychology classes taken at a community college are LOWER-DIVISION courses and CANNOT be used to fulfill Psychology major upper-division course requirements.
- Lower-division psychology courses (other than those equivalent to Psyc 1, Stat 094, Psyc 18, Psyc 30) MAY fulfill a Psychology major LOWER-DIVISION Psychology elective requirement. Meet with a Psychology major advisor for review.