Graduation Information

Please WATCH the following video BEFORE contacting an advisor. The video describes how to determine your eligibility for and how/when to apply for graduation:

AFTER WATCHING the video, contact a Psychology major advisor for additional questions. Advisors’ availability is listed on the Psychology department advising homepage: Get Advising | Psychology

IMPORTANT: Details of each step discussed in video above

  1. Determine your eligibility for graduation – Run a “MyProgress report” on your MyAcademics page on MySJSU to see remaining degree requirements
    • Earned at least 85 units (with no more than 70 units from community colleges)
    • Have good academic standing
    • Able to complete all degree requirements within 1 or 2 semesters
    • Graduation status on MyProgress report indicates:  “Eligible for
    • Graduation” & an “Expected Grad Term” listed (e.g., Spring 202x or Fall 202x)

  2. Apply for graduation online – use the “Apply for graduation” link on your MyAcademics page  (see Applying for Graduation Online tutorial [pdf])
    • Apply for graduation 1 YEAR before the term in which you expect to fulfill all degree requirements (e.g.,  If expected graduation term is Spring 2025, then apply for graduation in Spring 2024).  
    • The application “deadlines” posted online are used to determine PRIORITY registration status only (NOTE:  you may apply for graduation even if these deadlines have passed)  
    • In general, students should apply for graduation as soon as they are eligible to to do so 

  3. If there is NO “Apply for graduation” link on your MyAcademics page, then


SJSU Graduation Pages – Undergraduate graduation pages
SJSU Graduation Application Central Webpage – for all information regarding applying for graduation
Applying for Graduation Online tutorial [pdf] – how to apply for graduation online
SJSU Graduation Evaluators – contact if there is no “apply for graduation” link OR for questions AFTER you have applied for graduation
COSS Student Success Center Academic Advising – to contact a general Academic advisor (GE questions, transfer credits, MyProgress errors, etc). 

If you have additional questions, go to the Psychology Advising homepage for advisors’ availability & how to get advising (in-person, online via Zoom, or via email).