Scholarships & Awards
Through generous gifts, endowments and grants, the Department of Psychology is proud to annually recognize our undergraduate and graduate students' academic excellence, research creativity, service, and educational resilience.
If you like to contribute to our ability to offer these awards, then please consider making a designated gift through our donation page.
For all scholarships, “student” refers to any matriculated individual in good standing pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at San Jose State University. Scholarships will be distributed in the 2023-24 academic year. Students who are seniors and graduating either Spring 2023 or Summer 2023 are not eligible for undergraduate student scholarships as they will have completed their studies at the time the scholarship is granted.
“Psychology major” refers to an undergraduate student who has officially declared a major in Psychology. “Psychology graduate student” refers to an individual currently accepted and enrolled in a Master’s Program within the Department of Psychology. “Qualified” refers to any Psychology major or graduate student who meets the stated requirements for a given scholarship. Note that being qualified and submitting an application alone do not guarantee an award. These scholarships are competitive and applications will be judged on their merit. Number of scholarships awarded and amount of money for each scholarship will vary each year depending on number of qualified applicants and available funds.
How to Apply:
- Sign in to Spartan Scholarships using your MySJSU login information.
- Complete and submit the General Application - This will give you access to other scholarships and awards in addition to those in Psychology.
- Click on the "Opportunities" menu and select "Recommended."
- Find the scholarship/award opportunity of interest and click on the "Apply" button.
- Provide any supplemental application material (e.g., personal statement, degree progress, etc.)