- Students not admitted at the sophomore or junior level may reapply the following year.
- If you have 140 units or more, please consult with a counselor before applying.
- Prospective double majors must be independently accepted into the department; there is no automatic acceptance.
- Please keep in mind that Communication is an extremely competitive major so it is recommended to have a back-up major in place.
- The Admissions Committee gives detailed attention to every application it receives, and its decisions each year are final. Other than to correct an error in the information it originally evaluated, the Admissions Committee is not able to comply with appeals from applicants for a second review.
Spring 2022 Admission Deadlines
The priority application period for Spring 2022 will open on August 1, 2021. Please check back when the application opens. To apply, go to Cal State Apply.
Please check these pages for Spring 2022 application deadlines when they become available:
- Domestic Freshman Application Deadlines
- International Freshman Application Deadlines
- Domestic Transfer Application Deadlines
- International Transfer Application Deadlines
Please note: Graduate applications are only accepted for fall semesters. For fall applications, all graduate applications will be reviewed by SJSU’s Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations (GAPE) office as well as the academic program to which you are applying for admission. Be sure to check the website of the academic program for program-specific admission requirements in addition to California State University minimum standards.