Spring Admission

Transfer Applicants - Spring Term 

(This information pertains to domestic upper division transfer applicants.)

Application Deadlines

San Jose State University will be open for a limited number of majors for Spring 2021. The application will be available from August 1 - August 31.

For a list of Spring 2021 deadlines, please visit our Deadlines page.

Spring Term Eligibility

To be eligible for Spring 2021 admission, you must meet all admission and impaction requirements by the end of the Summer 2020 term. You may not use Fall 2020 courses to meet admission or impaction requirements for Spring 2021 admission.

If you are earning an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT), you must meet all admission requirements by the end of Summer 2020. SJSU will honor your degree if the ADT will be completed by the end of the Fall 2020 term and matches your intended SJSU degree.  An updated official transcript to include your ADT conferral information is needed as soon as it becomes available.  

Note that SJSU will accept grades of “credit” or “pass” in courses completed during the Winter 2020, Spring 2020 or Summer 2020 terms to satisfy:

  • The four basics skills course requirement
  • General Education course requirement
  • The requirement to complete 60 transferable semester units (90 quarter units)

You must earn a C- or better in courses completed in all other terms to meet the above requirements.

Supplemental Application

After applying on Cal State Apply, you will be asked to also submit the SJSU supplemental application in late September. SJSU will communicate with you via MySJSU messages about this requirement. It is critical that you set up your SJSUOne account and check your MySJSU messages frequently for updates after applying.  

Former Students

If you previously attended SJSU, please know that the Petition for Re-admission as a Former Student Returning (FSR) to SJSU is due by September 30.  

If you were disqualified from SJSU, you must complete both the following forms:

  1. Petition for Re-admission as a Former Student Returning (FSR) [pdf]
  2. Petition for Reinstatement (which can be found on the Reinstatement (Returning from Disqualification) page.