Amazon Career Choice Partnership
As the founding institution of the California State University system, and one of the top-ranked public universities in the West, San José State University is committed to providing access to a quality education for Californians.
That’s why we’ve partnered with the Amazon Career Choice program to expand access to affordable higher education opportunities. The Amazon Career Choice program is a tuition benefit that empowers Amazon employees to learn new skills for career success at Amazon or elsewhere - paying up to $5,250 for full-time employees and $2,625 for part-time employees. SJSU will provide hourly Amazon employees with best-in-class support in their path to career success. Together, we are committed to providing excellent education, academic advising, job placement resources, and continuous improvements to the student experience.
About the program:
- Amazon employees will receive tuition reimbursement for any SJSU undergraduate program or any SJSU Online degree-completion program.
- More than 50,000 Amazon employees have participated globally since inception (more than 35,000 in the U.S.).
- Healthcare, transportation, and information technology are Career Choice’s most popular fields of study globally.
- In addition to funding associate and bachelor’s degrees, Amazon’s Career Choice will also fund industry certifications for in-demand jobs, and foundational skills such as high school completion, GED’s, and ESL proficiency certifications.
Amazon Choice Programs at SJSU
Current and prospective students who are Amazon employees may take advantage of tuition reimbursement for any of our undergraduate bachelor’s degree programs across our eight colleges. Choose from more than 140 programs of study.
All Undergradudate degrees available
In addition, students who are interested in returning to college to complete their bachelor’s degree also qualify for the benefit through any of SJSU Online’s bachelor’s degree completion programs.
SJSU Online programs available
How to get started
- Once admitted to SJSU and enrolled in an eligible program, visit amazoncareerchoice.com for the program registration details.
- Submit a Payment Request through the Amazon Career Choice portal prior to the first day of instruction. Note that you can submit a Payment Request up to 90 days prior to the start of the term.
- Your Payment Request will be approved within the Amazon Career Choice portal after the last day to add courses for the term requested.
- You must be eligible for the Career Choice benefit through Amazon before the start of the term for which you are applying.
- You can only submit a Payment Request for the current term. A new request will need to be submitted for each new term.
- Should you wish to cancel your Payment Request, it is your responsibility to cancel it by logging into the Amazon Career Choice portal. The request cannot be canceled by Amazon or SJSU for you.
- If you cancel the voucher and there is a cost associated with your schooling, per Amazon, you are responsible for paying the balance.
There are three ways for Amazon Associates to learn more about the program:
1) All Career Choice program information is located on the website amazoncareerchoice.com. If you are an Amazon Associate who wishes to contact Amazon directly about the program, then you can go to the “help” section of the website and open a ticket.
2) If you are an Amazon Associate who is not able to access the website, then you can call the Amazon Employee Resource Center at: 888.892.7180.
3) Associates can also access the information via their AtoZ app > resources> Career Choice.