How to Apply for Financial Aid
Students are encouraged to file the FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application by the priority filing date, April 2, 2024 for the 2024-2025 academic year. Applications can be submitted after the priority filling date; however, funding may be limited.
Applications require prior year tax information.
- Fall 2024 - Spring 2025 applications require 2022 taxes.
- When completing the FAFSA/CADAA use your legal name as it appears in your legal documentation.
- If you are enrolled and have not applied for the 2023-2024 academic year you can still do so. Fall 2023 - Spring 2024 applications require 2021 taxes.
The Department of Education has announced that FAFSA and CADAA data will not be released to universities before mid-March. Once FAFSA and CADAA data is released to us, we are committed to sharing financial aid information as soon as possible.
Financial Aid Application Workshops
Applying for financial aid doesn't have to be stressful. Stop by one of our workshops and fill out your FAFSA or California Dream Act application. A financial aid staff member will be present to help answer your questions. Bring your laptop. All Workshops will be held in the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office located in the Student Services Center. To help ensure you can submit your application, be sure to know/bring:
- Verified account username and password (FSA ID) so you can log into studentaid.gov
- Parent or spouse contributor name, date of birth, Social Security number, and email address
Income and asset information for 2022 (if required)
Financial Aid Application Workshop dates
- February 2nd at 2:00 PM -3:00 PM
- February 7th at 2:00 PM -3:00 PM
- February 15th at 12:00 PM-1:00 PM
- March 6th at 2:00 PM -3:00 PM
- March 14th at 11:00 AM-12:00 PM
- March 27th 11:00 AM-12:00 PM
- March 29th 2:00 PM -3:00 PM
Want to attend one these workshops? RSVP!
View the following links for additional information about financial aid:
- Seven Steps to Financial Aid
- Eligibility for Federal & State Financial Aid
- California Dream Act: State Aid for Undocumented Students
- IRS Income Information
- Enrollment Requirements for Disbursement of Financial Aid
- Academic Progress Policies
- Special Circumstances
- Study Abroad
- Summer Financial Aid
- Cost of Attendance
- Dependent vs. Independent Filing Status
- Determining Financial Aid Awards