How to Apply for Financial Aid
Students are encouraged to file the FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application by the priority filing date (March 2). Applications can be submitted after the priority filling date; however, funding may be limited.
Applications require prior year tax information.
- Fall 2022 - Spring 2023 applications require 2020 taxes.
- Fall 2023 - Spring 2024 applications require 2021 taxes.
- When completing the FAFSA, use your legal name as it appears on your Social Security card.
Attend a Workshop
If you are a continuing student you can attend an in-person drop in workshop. Register here
Location: Student Services Center, Financial Aid and Scholarship Office
- December 7, 2022 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- December 12, 2022 10:00 AM -11:00 AM
- February 1, 2023 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- February 3, 2023 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- February 7, 2023 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- February 9, 2023 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- February 20, 2023 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- February 22, 2023 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- March 1, 2023 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- March 2, 2023 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
View the following links for additional information about financial aid:
- Seven Steps to Financial Aid
- Eligibility for Federal & State Financial Aid
- California Dream Act: State Aid for Undocumented Students
- IRS Income Information
- Enrollment Requirements for Disbursement of Financial Aid
- Academic Progress Policies
- Special Circumstances
- Study Abroad
- Summer Financial Aid
- Cost of Attendance
- Dependent vs. Independent Filing Status
- Determining Financial Aid Awards