Cost Recovery from Other CSU Campuses
The CSU uses the Interagency Financial Transaction (IFT) as its standard mechanism
to collect and disburse funds between campuses (including the Chancellor's Office).
Instead of invoicing Campus B for expenses Campus A has incurred on its behalf, Campus
A simply submits an IFT to the Chancellor's Office. The Chancellor's Office then notifies
the bank used by the CSU to move cash from Campus B's account to Campus A's account.
IFT is formerly known as Cash Posting Order (CPO).
Submitting a IFT request
- Download the current IFT Request Form (xlsx)
- Enter the requested information on the IFT Request Form tab. A sample is provided on a separate tab.
- Send the file to Accounting Services at email@example.com.
- Attach documentation (such as an MOU, travel claim, conference registration sign-up sheet, etc.) showing that the charge is legitimate and has been authorized by the other campus(es).
- Contact the FinanceConnect if you have any questions about this process.
Note: In most cases, expenses to be reimbursed from other CSU campuses should be recorded in fund 70000 and your department's deptID (no project is required). The cost recovery will be recorded in the same fund. If the expense was recorded in another fund, you must process an Expense Journal in Financial Transaction Services (FTS) to move it to 70000.