The purpose of a change order request is to make official changes to an existing purchase order (PO).
Change orders are submitted through an OnBase Change Order Request form that can be found in FTS.
- When to submit a change order
Department users should submit a change order request to:
- Increase or decrease the dollar amount on a blanket PO.
- Change the unit price, quantity, description or chartfields on a PO line.
- Add a new item/line to a purchase order.
- Close a PO line/purchase order.
- Cancel a PO line/purchase order entirely.
- Change order requirements
- Add change order details in the “CO Action Requested Tab”.
- Must be approved by the appropriate Dept. Approver.
- Upload backup documents to support the action requested (e.g., supplier quote, invoice, updated scope of work).
- A change order cannot be processed if...
- A PO that was not competitively bid goes over the $50,000 threshold.
- A PO for Temporary Staffing Services that exceeds the 180 days. Please see Special Approvals for details.
- The PO is closed.
- How to submit a change order
The Change Order Request can be completed in FTS. The change order request process allows department users to enter a change order request, select the appropriate department approver, and automatically send to Strategic Sourcing - Contracts and Procurement Services for processing.
For instructions, please see the PO Change Order Request tutorial.