The Information Security Officer (ISO) is responsible for coordinating and overseeing campus-wide compliance with policies regarding the confidentiality, integrity, and security of information assets. The ISO works closely with legal counsel, University Police and other campus managers and staff involved in securing the university's information assets.
The Information Security Officer chairs the Campus Information Security Committee, which is a diverse group of individuals that provide guidance, enforce established policies, resources, subject matter expertise and implementation support for information security programs at SJSU. This volunteer committee may also present any issues, concerns or questions directly to the ISO.
The relationship between the ISO and the committee is open and transparent and the committee’s role is similar to that of a board member in that they serve as a conduit between the ISO and the Campus Community by communicating important security-related information. The committee meets every other month.
Members of the Campus Information Security Committee are:
- Allen Madanipour, Information Technology Administrator
- Anthony Mays, Systems Info Technology Consultant
- Hien Huynh, Information Security Officer
- Janice Lew, Information Security Program Coordinator
- Jerry Darrell, Director of Facilities and I.T
- Cole Gunter, Information Security Analyst & Program Coordinator
- Noel McCormick, Information Security Analyst & Program Coordinator
- Rigo Vargas, Computer Systems ConsultantSandy Xiao, IT Manager
Information Technology Security Team
Members of the Information IT Information Security Team are:
- Bob Lim - VP IT and CIO, Sponsor
- Hien Huynh - Information Security Officer, Chair
- Cole Gunter - Information Security Analyst & Program Coordinator
- Noel McCormick - Information Security Analyst & Program Coordinator
- Janice Lew - Information Security Program Coordinator
For more information about the Campus Information Security Committee, contact the Information Security Officer at 408-924-1705 or email@example.com.