Online Training Options
What You Need to Know
SJSU has partnered with LinkedIn Learning to provide online education for our students, faculty and staff.
- Prepare yourself for the workforce and choose from a variety of technology and business courses
- Stay current with training on the latest professional development and leadership topics
- Search video tutorials for classroom teaching and learning.
With more than 5,000 courses and personalized recommendations, you can:
- Discover, complete, and track courses related to your field and interests
- Choose to add these courses and related skills to your LinkedIn profile once you've completed them.”
Who has Access
Linkedin Learning is available at no charge for everyone with an eligible SJSU ID.
What You Need to Do
You can access LinkedIn Learning the following ways:
LinkedIn Profile Connection
When you log in for the first time, if you already have a LinkedIn Profile, you can choose to connect it to LinkedIn Learning or you can choose to opt-out.
If you do not see an opt-out option, it means your LinkedIn profile was previously linked, and you must log in with your LinkedIn credentials.
Any learner has the option to disconnect their LinkedIn profile at any time. More information on how to disconnect your LinkedIn profile from your Linkedin Learning.
How to Use LinkedIn Learning
Connecting to Canvas
- Sub-admin Rights
These steps will connect your SJSU Canvas credentials to grant sub-admin rights in LinkedIn Learning to allow curate content, recommend content, and manage custom content: Steps to Add the LinkedIn Learning Admin Button [pdf] [pdf]
- Add a LinkedIn Learning Assignment in Canvas
Video Tutorial showing how to add LinkedIn assignments in Canvas