Sophos Antivirus Software
What You Need to Know
Personal computers are a valuable target for individuals engaged in cybercrime.
SJSU has partnered with Sophos for Antivirus Software at NO COST.
It’s Free for Personal Devices Too!
Sophos Antivirus Home is available at no cost for personal devices too.
Sophos is compatible with Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Android. Limited compatibility is available for Linux machines.
If your State owned desktop or laptop does not have Sophos installed, please open a Help Ticket.
Who Has Access
What You Need to Do
To sign up and download your copy, you only need to enter in your SJSU email address:
Cost and Requirements
What Happens if You Don’t Act
It’s free and state-of-the-art technology. Why not use it?
Not using antivirus software is risky.
- Others can gain access to your personal and private Data/information
- Your computer/files can be damaged or lost
- One click on one malicious link can infect your computer with a destructive virus that can shut it down, wipe your hard drive, and harm other SJSU computers through the Internet.
- You can lose control of your computer
How Sophos Antivirus Software Helps You
Sophos Home Premium takes the worry out of security with advanced protection from new malware, ransomware attacks, and more.
- Real-time antivirus
- Advanced web protection
- AI threat detection
- Ransomware protection
- Banking protection
- Privacy + identity protection
- Malware scan and clean
- Remote management
- Scheduled scans
- Automatic updates
- Protect up to 10 computers
How this Affects SJSU
The use of an antivirus tool is an important part of safeguarding the SJSU Campus Community’s computers and data. That’s why we include Sophos Antivirus on all State owned machines.
Support: Need Help or Have Questions
For support with Antivirus, open a help ticket.