Document Management (OnBase)
OnBase is a document management system that stores document images and files on a central server.
What You Need to Know
- Enables scanning of paper documents, importing of electronic files, secure storage, and easy retrieval
- Manages process workflows by routing documents to queues custom-designed for individual departmental
- Simplifies document-based processes with electronic management, easy sharing, and automated workflows that are faster, more efficient, and less costly
- Other benefits include:
- Audit trails
- Configurable security
- Integration with other data systems
- Automated notifications
- Document retention management
- Inter-departmental collaboration
Who has Access to OnBase
- Any member of the Campus Community with access to an OnBase solution can use the software.
To request OnBase, complete the OnBase Service Request Form. (The information submitted via this form will facilitate the planning, prioritization, implementation, and ultimate support of the OnBase solution that best meets your needs.)
Note: If you are not able to access the OnBase Service Request Form, please contact the IT Service Desk by emailing email@example.com or calling 408-924-1530.
How to Access OnBase
How to Access OnBase Additional Resources & Training
Online videos and other resources are available to SJSU employees. For access, you must create an account.
To create an account:
- Visit the Hyland OnBase website.
- Select the Register Now link; follow the directions
- Use your @sjsu.edu email address as your username
- Enter a password
- Account requests can take up to 2 business days to complete
How to Use OnBase
Log in to the Training Site
- Once you have an account, go to the OnBase Training webpage
- Log in with your username and password
- Select the Premium tab at the top of the page to view a list of available training videos
- eLearning: End User Training Courses
- Learning Paths Gallery - Role-based Paths
- All OnBase Training Courses
No additional costs, but product-specific licenses for new technologies may incur additional costs.
Need Help or Have Questions?
For OnBase support, submit a help request.
If you are not able to access the OnBase Service Request Form, please contact the IT Service Desk by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 408-924-1530.