On-campus IT Data Center or Machine Room collocation of college or organization-owned server equipment.
What You Need to Know
SJSU Information Technology (IT) offers server equipment Co-Location services in the SJSU Data Centers.
As an alternative to housing servers inside campus offices, Co-Location provides space, power, cooling, and physical security for servers in a dedicated facility.
Equipment Co-location Provides:
- Physical Security
- CSU Certified Level 1 Data Center
- Alarm Systems
- Physical Access
- Control, Security Cameras
- S2 Card Access
- Server Up/Down Time
- Redundant UPS circuits with backup generator and redundant circuits to PGE and Campus Power Plant
- Rack/Unrack Service
- Hard Drive Replacement Service for RAID Configurations
- Network connectivity and security
Who Can Request this Service
- Department IT Technicians
What You Need to Do
To request Co-Location services, open a help ticket. Requests are generally processed within 5-10 business days.
Cost & Requirements
There is no cost for this service.
Any 4-post Threaded Round Hole server rail.
Square Hole, Cantilever, Desktop/Shelf-mounted systems are also supported based on physical availability.
Support: Need Help or Have Questions
To request Co-Location services or ask a question open a help ticket.