SJSU Information Technology (IT) offers server equipment co-location and hosting services in the SJSU Physical Data Centers. As an alternative to housing servers inside campus offices, co-location provides space, power and cooling and physical security for servers in a dedicated facility.
Who can get server hosting?
Researchers, faculty, and department IT technicians
What kinds of services are included?
- Alarm systems
- Physical access control
- Security cameras
- S2 card access
- Data destruction services, e-waste and and media destruction.
- Server up/down time
- Redundant UPS circuits with backup generator and redundant circuits to PG&E and campus power plant
Hard drive replacement service for RAID configurations
Network connectivity and security
Any 4-post threaded round hole server rail.
Square hole, cantilever, desktop/shelf-mounted systems are also supported based on physical availability
SJSU IT provides free IBM virtual server services, which are available from two on-campus data centers, GCP/Azure public Clouds and accessible via a network.
- Hosts both virtual machines and Co-Location centers in a private and public clouds
- Provides network security, high availability and ease of use for critical Level 1 data
- Eliminates the need for a physical server and hardware maintenance
- Provides data backup and recovery
The Virtual Server service is compatible with Windows Server 2019 and Redhat Linux. Cost will be determined based on virtual server requirements.
Requesting Service & Support
To request a Physical and Virtual Server service, submit a ticket request. Requests are generally processed within 5-10 business days.