Google Workspace (formerly G Suite or Google Suite), includes account setup and maintenance, Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, and Apps.
What You Need to Know
Google Workspace is a collection of web-based communication and productivity tools that live in your browser (you don’t have to download them) and they can be accessed through an app on your mobile device. All you need is web access.
- Gmail: SJSU email with enhanced privacy
- Calendar: Schedule sharing and planning for individuals and teams
- Drive and Docs: File storage plus word processing, spreadsheets and slide decks
- Google Groups: Web and email groups
- Meet/Hangouts Chat: A messaging platform built for groups
- Hangout: Instant messaging between two individuals
- Google Forms: Create and edit surveys online; includes real time collaboration with other users
Who Has Access
How to Access Google Workspace
Go to One.SJSU and search for the application you need (Google email, calendar, analytics, training, etc.).
Students, faculty, and staff with an active One.SJSU account have automatic access.
Getting Started with GMail
Getting Started with Google Workspace
- Sign in
- Send email
- Schedule events
- Store and share files
- Hold video meetings
- Power up your G Suite services
- SJSU Google Workspace - More than Just Gmail (LinkedIn Learning)
- SJSU Google Workspace - Productivity Power (LinkedIn Learning)
For Google Workspace support, submit a help ticket.