Tuition Fee Waiver
- Eligible faculty and staff, may take courses at any of the CSU’s 23 campuses at a reduced rate or transfer the benefit to a qualified dependent
- Take two (2) courses or six (6) units, whichever is greater, per term.
- Courses taken under the fee waiver program must be taken for credit, they may not be audited.
- Only regular session state-funded courses are fee waiver eligible. Open University, special session and self-support courses are not eligible.
- Winter sessions are not fee waiver eligible. Summer Fee Waiver are only for those in the Doctorate Program. We recommend asking the program/department if the class(es) you want to take are regular or special sessions to confirm their eligibility.
- Application must be submitted each term for the fee waiver to take effect. Fee waivers applications will not be processed after the term has ended unless of extenuating circumstances.
- Employees and their dependents who are taking graduate level courses are subject to taxation.
- For guidance on how to use Tuition Fee Waiver, see the Tuition Fee Waiver Help page.
- Auxiliary employees do not qualify under the Tuition Fee Waiver Program. Please reach out to your Human Resources Representative at your auxiliary.
|Accepting Fall 2022 Applications||6/1/2022|
|Fees waived by the Bursar’s Office||6/20/2022|
|Applications due to University Personnel||9/8/2022|
|Last date for the Bursar's Office to waive fees||9/16/2022|
|Attending another CSU||Check with your CSU Campus|
|Summer/Winter deadlines||Please consult with the Fee Waiver Coordinator|
- Job Related – Take courses specific to your job
- Career Development – Apply for an undergraduate or graduate degree program and take courses to complete the degree
- Employee Dependent Fee Waiver – Transfer your benefit to a qualified dependent
- Teaching Associate
Fee Waiver Applications
- Employee Tuition Fee Waiver Presentation [pptx]
- Fee Waiver FAQ's
- Fee Waiver & Reduction Program/Administrative Guide - January 2020 [pdf] (requires SJSUOne/CSU login)
Questions? Contact the Tuition Fee Waiver Program Coordinator for more information.