LifeMatters® by Empathia, San José State University’s confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP), is dedicated to employee well-being. From emotional and family counseling to providing geriatric care management, LifeMatters® offers both online and in-person support.
Visit LifeMatters ® online for more information. Password: SPARTANS
To speak to someone from LifeMatters® confidentially, call 800-367-7474.
A Guide to LifeMatters® by Empathia
When you or your family need useful ideas, helpful resources, or reliable professional care, LifeMatters is just a phone call away. Free, confidential LifeMatters services include:
Telephone and face-to-face counseling for:
- Stress, depression, and personal problems
- Balancing work and personal needs
- Family and relationship concerns
- Alcohol or drug dependency
- Workplace conflicts
- Any other issue of concern in your life
- Financial consultation and resources to set up a budget, obtain and review credit report information, or assist with debt management and consolidation.
- Legal consultation with an attorney either over the phone or face-to-face for consumer law, traffic citations and fender benders, family law, or estate planning.
Online and assisted searches for:
- Child and elder care resources and guidance
- Adoption assistance
- Educational resources
- Personal security
- Online calculators for a variety of analytical questions and needs
- Home improvement
- Veterinarians, pet-sitting, and obedience training
The program's user-friendly, confidential services are available to you and your eligible dependents 24 hours a day, every day of the year by calling:
Toll-Free Throughout North America
Go to mylifematters.com on the web or your mobile de-vice and enter the password SPARTANS to access resources, educational information, and self-service options.
Services provided directly by LifeMatters are free. If you are referred to outside resources, you will be advised about your costs, if any.