LifeMatters® by Empathia, San José State University’s confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP), is dedicated to employee well-being. From emotional and family counseling to providing geriatric care management, LifeMatters® offers both online and in-person support.
Visit LifeMatters® online for more information.
NOTE: To enter the LifeMatters® by Empathia website, you must sign in with the company password. Find the login information here. [SJSU login required]
To speak to someone from LifeMatters® confidentially, call 800-367-7474.
A Guide to LifeMatters® by Empathia
When you or your family need useful ideas, helpful resources, or reliable professional care, LifeMatters is just a phone call away. Free, confidential LifeMatters services include:
Telephone and face-to-face counseling for:
- Stress, depression, and personal problems
- Balancing work and personal needs
- Family and relationship concerns
- Alcohol or drug dependency
- Workplace conflicts
- Any other issue of concern in your life
- Financial consultation and resources to set up a budget, obtain and review credit report information, or assist with debt management and consolidation.
- Legal consultation with an attorney either over the phone or face-to-face for consumer law, traffic citations and fender benders, family law, or estate planning.
Online and assisted searches for:
- Child and elder care resources and guidance
- Adoption assistance
- Educational resources
- Personal security
- Online calculators for a variety of analytical questions and needs
- Home improvement
- Veterinarians, pet-sitting, and obedience training
The program's user-friendly, confidential services are available to you and your eligible dependents 24 hours a day, every day of the year by calling:
Toll-Free Throughout North America
Go to mylifematters.com on the web or your mobile de-vice and enter the password SPARTANS to access resources, educational information, and self-service options.
Services provided directly by LifeMatters are free. If you are referred to outside resources, you will be advised about your costs, if any.
For more information, call LifeMatters at 1-800-367-7474 or visit mylifematters.com — password SPARTANS.